Friday 27 September 2013

DIY Geometric

So I finally decided to take off my three week old black nail polish and have a stab at something new. I found this post online about doing nail art with cello tape! I thought hmm, surely not even I can mess that one up! I did try this the other night, but it didn't go all too well as you can see here;

It's not too bad, just thought that the black line would be a good idea, when apparently it wasn't.. Anyway, I went to Tesco yesterday and of course I wandered over to the make up department (it shouldn't be so big and lit up, I get lured over) and as I said before I've been looking for a great pillarbox red nail polish for quite some time and as Barry M had a 3 for £6 offer I thought it was too good to pass up!

I got np29 bright pink, 
np262 red 
and np66 which is the white

As well as the red, I've been seeing white nails absolutely everywhere, so I had to take the plunge and give that a go too. First of all I painted my nails with a clear base coat, then over with the white and one red nail on each hand;



I must say, I don't entirely know how I feel about the white. I think I just painted my nails with tipex a little too often when I was in school.. I do love the red though! Now on the site I found, there was a really easy way of doing geometric patterns on your nails with just putting a line of tape over one half and painting the top, then removing the tape when your second coat is still wet. 
This is from when I did the first pattern, as I forgot to take a picture when I was doing the white last night. It's pretty easy to do actually, but you need to make sure your base coat is completely dry as otherwise the polish will peel off with the tape and you'll end up starting all over again, which trust me, gets really annoying.

Still a little messy, (I am learning!) but I do love the simplicity of this idea. I think with the pink tips the white does look okay! Not so bright and in your face. What do you guys think? Is white nail polish your thing? Or are you a bit skeptical like me?

Have a great weekend everyone! xo




No comments:

Post a Comment