Monday 16 September 2013

Rimmel Stay Matte to stay?

As I mentioned the other day, I've been looking around at different foundations ready for a nice moisturising one for the winter. I've been looking at quite a few adverts but not actually bought any due to the fact I still have a full bottle of my Natural Collection one and wouldn't want to waste it! That being said, I bought my monthly Cosmo and got a free sample of the Rimmel Stay Matte foundation. It can be bought in pretty much most Rimmel selling stores for around £5-£7
This is a picture of the actual bottle on the sample for anyone who hasn't seen it knocking about. The sample was in 100 Ivory, which scared me a little as I tend to buy the one after ivory as my skin can be quite pale. Although the sample was pretty small, it did actually cover my whole face. That's always a big issue for me when trying free foundation samples, I don't want to start and then end up with only enough to do half my face! 
This is the colour of the foundation and it's very moussey. It doesn't really cake itself on like some mousse foundations can be guilty of. I do like the product but I read somewhere online that it's perfumed, so I'm not sure how well this will work with my sensitive skin. The reason I tend to stick to the same foundation is that my skin does have the horrible habit of breaking out if it doesn't agree with the new one.
I also bought the Stay Matte long lasting powder a while ago as I seem to be going through my loose powder so quickly nowadays. This one is in Peach glow and is really great for covering any unwanted shine which is the main reason I use powder anyway. 

Really happy with how smooth my face looks! It has made my face look a tad dry in places though, especially between my eyes but that's only really noticeable up close.
I'm not entirely sure if this foundation is the product for me but I will admit it is pretty good for a smooth look.
Has anyone else tried it? What did you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment