Tuesday 10 September 2013

The A/W edit: Coats of winter

Well I woke up this morning to grey skies and am currently sat here typing this to you in my jamas with a blanket wrapped around me. I think it's safe to say it's getting colder! After this late summer, I'm convinced we're going to end up skipping autumn altogether and go straight into winter. I've see quite a few bloggers out there doing weekly posts so I thought I'd jump on the band wagon with my top picks for different items for autumn/winter every week. This week - coats. I have realised that my wardrobe only consists of thin hoodies, summer jumpers, and a couple of blazers; not the sort of layering up you want over the next couple months! So I've had a lazy but productive morning of scowering the internet and my most used sites to find some coats. I'll do a splurge and save on each item, just in case you fancy treating yourselves! 

1.  The leather
Left: Save - River Island £45
Right: Splurge - Religion @ Asos £190

I actually do have a leather jacket in my wardrobe that I got from Matalan last year (trust me it's a great jacket) but I've got down a couple sizes since then so I need to invest in a new one. Leather jackets are one of those amazing wardrobe staples that will go with anything and can be dressed up or down. I do love the Religion one, mainly because of the print, but I just don't have £190 to spend on a jacket even if it is 100% pure leather. :( If only!

2. The biker
Left: save - Boohoo £30
Right: Splurge - Missguided £48.99

Okay so the Missguided jacket isn't exactly a break the bank kind of price, but still. I just love the colour blocks and the suede look to the grey. I think this jacket would go great with most items and again like the leathers can be used with any outfit, as long as it's not too grey. The Boohoo jacket caught my eye because of the on trend stud detailing and also because pastel colours are still huge for autumn and winter so you'll be bang on trend in this one!

3. The parka
Left: Splurge - Topshop £95
Right: Save -  Boohoo £38

Yes Boohoo again, I love online brands, less chance of people wearing the same thing as you. I've wanted a parka jacket for ages. Me and my friend spent our town's summer festival lusting after every one we saw and they seem to be everywhere! The Boohoo one is affordable, great style and not too long, which I have found can be an issue with quite a lot of them I've tried on. The Topshop one, although expensive looks so so so warm! The borg lining is actually detachable so if you are prone to getting a tad hot and sweaty while wearing coats (like me) then this would be the coat for you. Again its a great length, and I think this khaki colour goes great with the acid wash trend that's been quite big this year.

4. The mac
Left: Splurge - Warehouse £85
Right: Save - Missguided £58.99

I know that neither of these are particularly cheap, but I've been lusting after this Missguided jacket ever since it went online about a month ago. It comes in three other colours as well and I love the leather sleeves, just breaks it up and stops it from looking so plain which can be an issue with black macs. I also love the fact it's got kind of a biker style to the fastening and ah I think I'm going to have to buy it.. just unfortunately isn't in stock in my size at the moment! Onto the splurge one, I don't really shop at warehouse, but I love this mac too. I don't necessarily love it for £85 but I think the style and belt detailing gives it a bit of a unique feel.

Well there's week one! Going to be keeping an eye out for bags over the next week so check back next Tuesday for my edit! 



No comments:

Post a Comment