Tuesday 12 November 2013

The LBD - every girl's must have wardrobe piece

Can you believe it's only six and a half weeks until Christmas?! With that in mind, many of us have Christmas parties and work dos and then even the New Year's Party coming up! So I thought I'd scour the internet and show you eight of my favourite pieces I've found. Granted most of them are a little pricey, but they're sure to get you noticed and you can't put a price on that kiss under the mistletoe now can you?

From left to right: John Zack grecian maxi @ Bank £30

My favourite of these is probably the one from AX Paris, I just love the classiness of it, although I don't think the neckline would suit me. It also comes in black and green, but in my opinion, this one is the better of the two. The one from Missguided is probably more of a party/clubbing sort of dress, but would look great with some killer black heels and a little white sparkly clutch. The other two are pretty plain in style, but I love the little touches of gold in the baroque detailing and across the bust area on the maxi. I've always loved grecian style dresses, always look so elegant.

From left to right: Cut out shoulder sheer dress @ Daisy street £19.99

These are the more shorter party dresses although the one from New Look is pretty classy and would work well for a Christmas party.  I used to have a dress similar to this, but the sleeves always bugged me. I'm not really one for long sleeves, get too hot, but the dress is really pretty. I love the cut out shoulder dress from Daisy Street, I've never shopped here before, only found it via Unidays and it's an online store pretty similar to Missguided. I like the fit of it as well as the sheer material in the drop, just makes it a bit unique. The popcorn skater dress from select is quite pretty and good for those of you who want a simple black dress, but would like to incorporate a bit of sparkle into their outfit. The only one I am a little disappointed about it the beaded bodice dress from Miss Selfridge, but only because the black one only seems to be in petite sizes. You can get it in silver in normal sizes, so at least there's that!  

So there you have it, my top picks for the special Little Black Dress for the party season. I like the different styles out there this year and it's good that the shops are adding a bit of sparkle and colour into their LBD's. What little black dresses have you been lusting over lately? 
Have a great day! XO.



No comments:

Post a Comment