Friday 7 February 2014

Obsessions

As I've been on a bit of a 'all about me' kick at the moment, I thought I'd give you a little insight into the things I'm completely obsessed with at the moment. 

Spotify
Music is a big part of my life. I'm forever trying to find new artists and new songs to fall in love with. Spotify came out a while back but had a very limited use unless you actually paid for the £9.99 monthly subscription. Now they've introduced a free version where you get pretty much all of the use of Spotify for free, the only disadvantages are that you have to listen to adverts every couple of songs and can't listen offline. This being said, the free version is still pretty good and definitely a new obsession of mine. I haven't listened to my iPod or iTunes in weeks!

Pinterest
Pinterest is a great way to find inspiration, new things and interact with people who love the same things as you! I actually do use Pinterest a lot. Mainly for when I'm bored, or hungry as I find loads of recipes on there. As the picture says; it's a place to waste a lot of time. But if you don't mind spending hours looking at pictures of everything and anything that interests you, this should be one of your bookmarked sites. You can check out my Pinterest and all my boards here.

Pendant necklaces
Ahh this is almost as big an obsession as my eyeshadow collection (which I have managed to quieten down, haven't bought anything new in ages!). I have well over 20 different pendant necklaces. They just go with anything and everything and add that little extra something to your outfits. I seem to have a big thing with animal pendants at the moment, my owl, eagle and elephant necklaces are among my most worn. I just can't help it, when I see a cute little pendant necklace I have to get it!

Tattoos
Yes I am a bit of a girly girl, I do love a bit of pink and I do love my fashion (hence the blog!) but I have a huge tattoo obsession. Well, I'd call it more of an addiction than an obsession. I have 8 and have many more planned, but as the picture says; who cares? It's my body. I don't understand the huge prejudice against people with tattoos. Nobody cares about people displaying art around their homes, I just display mine on my body :). Unless they're offensive, they shouldn't bother people! Well that's my opinion anyways!

Books
I love to read! I don't read as often as I want to, but that's just because I can't find the time.. or I get too distracted via searching on websites for random crap. I'll read anything from crime novels to 50 Shades of Grey (it's like marmite that book, I had to give it a go). Considering I'm a literature student, I suppose the love of reading is pretty good. I'm currently reading a book called Knockemstiff (as mentioned in my TMI tag) although my favourite books are the Fever series by Karen Moning. 

Photography
Photography is one of my great loves also. I did a photography course in college, but had to leave due to having Tayla. I absolutely love taking photographs of things, and I really need to get back into it. I think the obsession with photography coincides with my obsession to travel. I'd love to travel the world one day and just photograph what I see. I love how you can convey so much emotion in one tiny picture. 

Just another little insight into me and my obsessions. What are you currently obsessed with?
xo






No comments:

Post a Comment