Wednesday 5 March 2014

Wednesday Recipe - Corn Chowder soup!

Instead of the old WIAW where I eat pretty much the same thing I did last week, I thought I'd show you all a recipe for what I'm having for lunch; Corn Chowder soup!
I found the recipe somewhere online, but changed it quite a bit so I suppose it's pretty much my own now. I'm always annoyed that recipes are for loads of people, so I've tailored this recipe to one serving to make it easier, although obviously you can just double it up for 2 people.



Ingredients

- Anchor light spreadable 7g
- Red pepper - 30g diced
- White onion - 10g diced
- Turkey bacon (or pancetta whichever you fancy) - 2 rashers cut into strips
- OXO chicken stock cube made up to about 250ml
- Sweetcorn - 75g
- Potato - 70g cut into cubes
- Onken Fat free natural yoghurt - 30g
- Parsley
- Cumin


  1. Melt the butter off in a saucepan and then add the onion, pepper and turkey bacon. Fry off gently until softened.
  2. Add the stock and bring to the boil, this is where I added a dash of cumin as I wanted my soup to have a bit of spice to it, this is completely optional. 
  3. Leave to simmer for a few minutes and then taste to see if any salt or pepper is needed. Then add the potato and bring back to the boil.
  4. Add the sweetcorn and leave to simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the potato is cooked.
  5. After the potato is cooked, transfer to a blender and blend until pretty much smooth. It will still be a tad thick and a tiny bit lumpy, but that's normal and I mean come on, nobody like a watery soup.
  6. Put back into the pan and add the yoghurt, cooking gently on a low heat. Then add the parsley and a few cubes of crispy pancetta on top if you want and you're done! 

If you want to made this soup a few days ahead, just make up to stage 5 and put in a sealed container in the fridge. Just heat back up then add the yoghurt and simmer for a few minutes on the day you want to eat it! I had mine with a few crackers but you can serve it with bread or anything you like really. It's a really filling lunch and only 259 calories with only 7 calories from fat. Perfect for these chilly winter days.

Hope you have a great Wednesday and as always, feel free to post your WIAW's and comments below!
xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment