Friday 4 April 2014

Fitness Friday!

If you're one of those people who don't really like reading about fitness and such and prefer my fashion posts, that's cool, you don't have to read, but for those of you who don't mind, read ahead! :)

Since January I've been going to the gym, trying to eat healthy and generally been trying to have an all around better lifestyle. I did actually start this healthy kick in order to slim down and tone up for my holiday in June, but I actually love exercising! I never ever thought I'd say that. I mean, I'm a girl who loves to sit on her ass munching an entire pick and mix and binge watching a TV series. But I do love exercise!


Well, when I say I love exercise, I mean I love the gym. I know you get those people who are literally addicted to going and go everyday and then you get those people, guys mostly who like only train their arms and end up looking like lightbulbs, but there are those normal people who just go in, do their workout and go home and enjoy an everyday life! 
I've not actually lost any weight as such since January, but I actually got banned from weighing myself by my trainer and I ended up not caring anymore. I haven't actually measured myself in a few weeks, but last time I did I'd lost at least half an inch from everywhere and lost an inch around my bum! So trust me when I say; The scales do not matter!! You could be heavier than when you started working out and actually look and feel healthier and thinner (if that's what you're going for), it's muscle weight girls!
Now I know a lot and I mean a LOT of women seem to think if they go to the gym and start lifting weights they'll end up looking like a bodybuilder, but that's so wrong! You just tone up, I mean nobody really wants bingo wings now do they? 

Since I started I've actually gotten a hell of a lot stronger and I didn't even realise. I, as I've mentioned do have a personal trainer who I see once a week, and he's helped me so much and I don't think I'd feel as good without him, but if you can't afford one, that's fine. You just have to be motivated. If you're motivated you can do anything you set your mind to! 
In January, 10kg squats were killing me and I'm now up to 30kg easily, which, I might add doesn't sound like much, but it's half my body weight which impresses me quite a bit! Squats are my favourite exercise mine you. Also, when I started the gym I was used to only my baby (and I mean baby, Tayla often tries to run off with them) 1kg hand weights that really don't do anything. I'm now up to about 15-25kg with my upper body, depending on the exercise, but I have quite weak arms to be honest so that doesn't bother me. 


Of course, you can't just exercise alone and expect to see a difference you do unfortunately have to eat healthily. That doesn't mean that you have to wake up and eat a lettuce leaf, or live solely on vegetables. There are plenty of amazing recipes that are so healthy and taste so so good! Plus, we all deserve a cheat day, I'm sat writing this after a chippy and some chocolate. See? It's fine to eat what you want every now and then! 

My chocolate raspberry lava cake - only 178 calories! 

If you've always wanted to start the gym, and have been intimidated, or have no idea what to do, just try it. Trust me, I was petrified, I was googling all around to try and find out Gym Etiquette and what exercises to do. And to be honest, I would recommend a personal trainer, even just for your first session, although most gyms offer an induction service where you can get a personal one on one session with an instructor and they'll write up a personal plan for you. I know it looks daunting, but it's not as scary as you think, just give it a go, you might love it! 


I haven't posted any personal pictures of myself, purely because I'm writing this post on a whim and I am having a very lazy day and have not showered.. we all have pyjama days now and then! :) If people like the post, I'll try and pluck up the courage to post some progress pics next time. 

Hope you enjoyed my little fitness update, I enjoyed sharing it with you and if you'd like to read more then let me know! 
Don't forget to follow me on Instagram for all things fitness, I'm always posting my food and stuff on there!

Have a great weekend everyone! 
xo.

P.s. As a side note, I'm not trying to get you to go to the gym, I'm not saying you need to, you're all amazing just the way you are and if you are happy in your own skin that's amazing, just sharing my opinions and advice for anyone looking for it! x.o.

No comments:

Post a Comment