Monday 10 March 2014

Repair and Refresh

Ah stupid dry skin and dry hair.. I know I've been banging on about this a lot lately, but I've been trying new products and needed to share them with you!
I was wondering around Boots a couple of weeks ago in search of some repairing and refreshing hair and face products to help combat my dry skin and hair lately. 
I didn't have much to spend, due to the fact I have so much to save for for my holiday in June (that I may have only saved £63 for..) so this is great for those on a budget too!

First up hair - I bought the Umberto Gianni Indulgent beauty moisture mask. It's only £5.61 for a pretty big tub and it's lasted ages, I'm still under of a quarter of the way through it! It's a typical once-a-week hair mask as we wouldn't want to over condition our hair. It's a very thick formula which I wasn't expecting as I'm used to the Herbal Essences hair masks which are a tad runny, but this wasn't a problem and I actually found it went further. Oh and the smell is amazing! Smells just like you've had your hair done in a professional salon. 
Result: Well if you haven't washed your hair in a few days and you leave it on for a while (I've been putting it on in the bath then sitting there for half an hour before rinsing it off) it will do wonders for you! The tub says the longer you leave it on the better, and I completely agree. It makes your hair soft and bouncy and feels so fresh. Go buy a face mask (or make your own honey and lemon one here) light some candles and feel pampered for a an hour or two and come out with amazing hair!

Now for the skin care - This is the Soap and Glory Peaches and clean 3-in-1 deep purifying wash off cleanser. It's the first Soap and Glory product I've used and I can tell I'll be buying more from them. It's only £8 for a 200ml bottle and it's got a push pump top! I find it so much easier to use products with a push pump, you just get the desired amount far more than a squeezy bottle. Although I do sometimes mistake my soap dispenser for my toothpaste as they're both push pumps.. which as you can guess doesn't end well even if the soap does smell of cola bottles! 
Anyway, I use about 3 pumps of the stuff, and as with all cleansers, just rub it all over your face and leave it a few minutes then rinse off. It smells amazing, I'm just in love with all things fruit-smelling lately, it's making me think of summer! 
Result: I've been using it a few times a week (you can use it everyday, I just forget) and my cheeks have been a lot smoother. I think if you used it everyday for a fortnight you would definitely see a difference in your skin, it'll look healthy and feel great so I definitely recommend!

What new products have you found to try and combat the winter weather?
xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment